Colostrum - Rich in immunities, just the right amount, thick enough for the newborn who is just learning to coordinate the suck-swallow-breathe sequence, warm & sweet, the perfect package of goodness for the brand new baby.
- "I have no milk yet."
- "The baby can't latch - I'll need to give formula"
- "My baby is so small - she needs more than just colostrum."
- "My baby is so big - I don't have enough for him."
- "I pumped and I got nothing - my baby must not be getting anything."
- "She's so sleepy - I can't get her to wake up and breastfeed."
Now you can offer an option - hand expressing to a colostrum spoon shows mom that she does have milk! By teaching mom to hand express into a colostrum spoon, you are teaching her that colostrum IS important, and that it DOES matter to her baby. When she sees that colostrum is important to YOU - it is becomes important to her. And by using the appropriate-sized spoon, mom can see that even a few drops of this precious milk can mean a lot to her baby in the early days of life.